2013 - 2014 LT MENUS
(All posted menus are tentative and subject to change based on availability)
Last Updated 9/4/13
Current year price lists for all campuses will be posted as soon as possible.
Lake Travis ISD Food & Nutrition Services operates the Fuel Café at all elementary and middle school campuses (K-8) in the District and the Cavalier Café at the high school, serving breakfast and lunch at all locations. Menus are designed to meet the recommendations and requirements of the United States Department of Agriculture’s National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program, as well as the Texas Department of Agriculture’s Texas Public School Nutrition Policy.
The USDA has made several changes to school meal nutrition standards via the Healthy, Hunger Free-Kids Act of 2010. These changes mainly affect students in Kindergarten through 8th grade as their campuses participate in the National School Lunch and National School Breakfast Progras. As of July 1, 2012, LTISD is observing the following changes:
Additionally, in order to allow students more choices and reduce food waste, Offer Versus Serve (OVS) will now be implemented at all grade levels. With OVS, students must choose at least 3 of the 5 meal components where one choice must be a Fruit or a Vegetable to be considered a full meal.
- Grains will be limited to 9 ounces per week
- Meats or Meat Alternates will be limited to 10 ounces per week
- Fruits and Vegetables will now be considered separate food groups
- Students must select at least a 1/2 cup of Fruit or Vegetable if they are purchasing a complete meal
- Menus must utilize vegetable sub-groups and each must be offered at least once per week;
vegetables are organized into 5 subgroups, based on their nutrient content; for more information on
vegetable sub-groups, visit http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups
- Milk (1% milk fat or less, unflavored) or Fat-free Milk (flavored or unflavored) will be made available;
please note, this has been our District’s prior practice
- Food items must not contain trans fat
- Sodium must be reduced annually through 2022