Parents are strongly encouraged to sign up for Texas Connect. This allows parents to view their child's grades via the Internet. After signing up for an account, the system offers a current view of all of their child’s grades, assignments and averages. For more information, and to sign up, visit the Hudson Bend Middle School web site.
Students are responsible for checking their grades and letting me know immediately if they find a mistake. Students should save their graded materials at least until they are certain the grade has been correctly recorded.
1. Exams, projects, and research papers count for 40% of your grade.
2. For failed exams, if the student makes a reasonable effort to attend a re‐teach session and/or prepare study sheet/notes (or anything else the teacher may require to show the student made an effort to re‐learn the material), then failed exams may be re‐taken and/or corrected at the teacher’s discretion within the next five school days
3. Re‐submitted work from this category will be graded and averaged with the previous grade for a maximum grade of 70%.
1. Lab activities count for 40% of your grade, based upon your use of the scientific method, the accuracy of the data you collect, and the completeness of your data analysis and conclusions.
2. Labs are conducted in a cooperative learning environment.
3. Labs not completed within the structured time must be completed at home or during tutorials.
4. Students who do poorly on a lab may attempt it again for up to 70% credit. This is done during tutorial times and within 1 week of receiving back the graded, original lab.
1. Homework, daily classwork and quizzes count for 20% of your grade.
2. For full credit, homework is due at the beginning of class.
3. HW turned in late but at least on the right day will be accepted for a maximum grade of 70%.
Homework turned in the next day or later will be checked, but recorded as a zero.
4. Quizzes will count as 2 daily grades
5. Quizzes must be re‐taken within the week of the failing grade or within the next five school days;
6. Homework and quizzes may be re‐done for a maximum grade of a 70%
7. “Late work” is not eligible for the opportunity to improve a failing grade.
8. The teacher will drop the 2 lowest grades from this category every 9 weeks.